3dsMax 2023.2 has been released with the new feature-packed Array modifier.
This is an array/tile “rigger” based on the new Array modifier. I originally wanted to make a series of tutorials. But, I had to admit that typical Max users are too lazy to follow all the steps. So, I just made this script. I still hope to have some tutorials. But, you can just use this meanwhile.
The generated object is “rigged”. If you change the base object size, the array/tile will adapt to it.
- 4 geometric patterns – Circle, Diamond, Triangle, Hexagon
- 4 tile types – Herringbone, Chevron, Wood Strip, Basker Weave
- Option to make Chamferd/Non-Chamfered version
- Initial Size option
- Clone UV ID
- 5 Material presets
- Bitmap projection
- Random Color MTL – random color between 2 colors per clone.
- Random Switcher MTL – randomly chosen colors per clone among 5 given color. You can change the amount of color.
- Random UV Offset Bitmap MTL – randomly offset UV transform and color for a bitmap.
- Random Advanced Wood MTL – randomly offset UV 3D transform and Advanced Wood material